Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mothers Day and Then Some

So I apologize to anyone who actually reads my blogs, I need to be more regular with my posts. So this was our second Mothers Day together but  since last year we had only been married a year, this one was a bit more on our radar. Tyler was so sweet to me and spoiled me even though I am not yet a mother. He said I get points for wanting to be a mother :) He is the sweetest. He insisted on buying me "I will be a mom someday gifts" which was very sweet of him and made me feel very special. I love my new watch (my first grown up watch)! Fossil seriously is the best bang for your buck! You can get a great watch for under 100$ and I love the leather band over the metal one. He also got me an adorable necklace and some fun sunglasses. I think he didn't really like my other sunglasses so he "insisted" on buying me new ones. Haha he is very good to me!
 Presents are great and I love feeling special but my biggest present was getting to skype RYAN THOMAS! This was our last time to skype before Ryan comes home in September :) It was amazing to see his smiling face, that smile of his is infectious! He is such an important part of our family and we have missed him so much over the past twenty months! I cannot wait for him to get home in September. Tyler and I are also returning to California in September and will be there when he gets home. Needless to say we are counting down the days.
In the "Then Some" we have had some exciting days with our neighbors and we had a first of having to call the police. I have never really been exposed to domestic violence and I can't imagine how children who are exposed to that grow up normally. As we were laying there waiting for the police to arrive I was only comforted with Tyler's arms around me. We said a prayer and had to sit there and wait. I was so distressed, I could barely sleep the rest of the night. I can't imagine how their two small children felt having to hear and see such violence. I was reassured in my major as a marriage and family educator. I am so excited to start our eternal family and to raise them in a home filled with love and the spirit.
I have a few new things going on in my life as well, I have started to baby-sit bi-weekly for the Wilson's. They are so adorable and I have loved getting to know them better over these past few months. They have the two cutest little girls in the world and they always make me smile. They are also great practice for Tyler since he never had little sisters and all things "girlie" are pretty foreign to him. Watching him give the girls piggy back rides and read them books when we tuck them in bed is priceless. He has never been so attractive to me than when he is acting like a father. We are so happy together and are more in love with each other everyday!
Keep ya posted!- Emily and Tyler

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about how happy Tyler makes you! I remember when we were roommates and how we'd talk about what our future husbands would be like, and it sounds like you have truly met your eternal sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad you put up a new post! I look forward to finding out what is going on deep in the heart of Texas! Glad your mother's day was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Lizzzz thank you! He seriously is everything I could have possibly wanted and then some. He makes me happier than I thought I ever would be :)

    ReplyDelete