Sunday, May 4, 2014

One Year

Today mark's mine and Tyler's one year anniversary! I am so lucky to have married such a caring and amazing man. Looking back over the past year I am amazed at what we have accomplished as well as what we were able to avoid.
Top Ten things we did:

  1. Moved across the country
  2. Went to the Grand Canyon
  3. Went to Florida and Disney World
  4. Completed three semesters of classes (mostly all A's)
  5. Swam in the Gulf of Mexico
  6. Houston Rodeo and Brad Paisley concert
  7. Tyler went to work for a fifth circuit Federal Judge
  8. Texas state fair in Dallas
  9. Went to Louisiana for Tyler's work (I sat in on a hearing)
  10. Have made some great friends both in Tempe as well as here in Houston (Wilson girls)


Top Ten things we are happy we avoided:

  1. Going to the hospital
  2. Getting a traffic ticket (miracle I know)
  3. Getting in a car accident
  4. Failing a class (this one just applies to me)
  5. Food catching on fire
  6. Food poisoning
  7. Passing out from heat exhaustion (I thought I would while we lived in AZ)
  8. Stitches of any kind
  9. Jury duty 
  10. And last but not least, getting into a huge fights (Tyler is much more the peace maker than I am)
So here is a little summary of our life over the past year. We started off in Tempe and four short months later we moved across the country to Houston, which surprise to me, is basically on the border of Louisiana. We have loved our adventures here in Texas and the fun times we have had just the two of us. We have a great ward here in Texas and I must say one of our favorite things to do is to babysit for people in the ward. There are two little girls we like to watch, Leslie and Emma, and they are the most precious little girls in the world. Watching Tyler play with them melts my heart. We are very excited to be moving back to California in September to be closer to family but will miss the friends we have made here in Houston. Here are some pictures from our trip to Corpus Christi just this past weekend for our anniversary. 

This one is Tyler and I at North Beach, it has a reputation for jelly fish, so we did not get in the water here. 

This is the beach on Padre Island, it is a national beach and protected along a 75 mile shoreline of pure sand and water. It is GORGEOUS! 

I decided that I want to live on the coast one day, Tyler says I have "expensive" taste.

This is my adorable husband :) He was such a trooper and helped me build a sand castle despite the massive amounts of seaweed on the beach.

Our beautiful sand castle, its pretty simple but I was insistent that we build one and Tyler indulged me :)

I was so unbelievably tired from our day at the beach that I passed out when we came home. I woke up to a great surprise from a thoughtful Tyler, face masks from Lush, a bath bomb, and flowers :) He has learned exactly what makes me happy and never disappoints! He then proceeded to tell me I look like Elphoba which led me to do a beautiful lip sync of Defying Gravity in our bathroom. He laughed, my mom thought it was hilarious and it is on facebook if you want to see it. Tyler is so very indulging of me and my crazy antics! I love him more and more every day and count my lucky stars that he married me! I can't wait for everyday I get to spend with him :) Here is to many more adventures as a Young :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment